What is Content Sync?
💡 Content Sync brings new super-powers to CMS Preview. When content editors click Open Preview, Content Sync jumps into action and routes content editors to the correct URL. It also helps them understand the status of preview, so they know when it's ready and if anything went wrong.
- Install the latest version of
gatsby-*packages in your Gatsby site and then push your changes to your git repo so Gatsby Cloud has the right versions. These can be the latest Gatsby v3 or v4 versions.
- Update to the latest version of WPGatsby in your WordPress install.
- Visit your Gatsby Cloud site dashboard settings page, scroll down to the "Content Sync" section and copy the URL provided there.
- In your WPGatsby settings page (located in the wp-admin sidebar under Settings → GatsbyJS) paste the "Content Sync" url into the corresponding field and save your settings.
- You're set up to use Content Sync. Visit a post type, make some changes, and preview them with the "Open Preview" button.
If you need additional instructions you can find documentation on setting up WordPress Gatsby Preview here.